Thornbury Picture House
The name of the film society, Thornbury Picture House, was inspired by the former cinema (1919-1959) in Thornbury near Bristol , owned in its entire existence by members of the famous cricketing Grace family.
TPH shows mainly foreign-language films once a month for an eleven-month season. The selection panel filters the list of some fifty nominations down to the final eleven titles using a little-understood iterative transferable vote system, which curiously does tend to produce a balanced programme.
The society has a 16” screen in a former Wesleyan chapel donated to the town in 1888 by the local coalfield magnate Handel Cossham.
Membership, which costs £30 per annum, has been growing steadily over the last five years, and currently stands at just under 100 – a good fit in our new premises.
CineVue is a UK movie/film blog packed with the very latest film reviews, new
DVD/Blu-ray releases, movie previews, events, interviews and film trailers f…
Roxy Bar & Screen opened in Summer 2006 in London Bridge, combining a
stylish bar environment with an informal cinema space. It quickly developed a…
The Vault was officially founded in June of 2000 on the now defunct Yahoo
Geocities. With a real passion for cult cinema and b-films (and foreign…